Saturday, February 25, 2012

Old Homeless Woman Pt 1.

Trudging along the short driveway of the Contention Firewood Supply is Anya Angel an Old Homeless Woman whose urging a supermarket trolley chock-a- block with all her worldly possessions. Dressed in tattered shirt 'n' skirt and naked underneath, runners with her toes poking out the many holes, full length oversized dirty white fur coat that drags on the ground, a straw hat, fingerless black woollen gloves, grubby face that only a mother could love, unwashed tangled and matted dark shoulder length hair that hasn't  seen shampoo for many a moon.

Coming up to the main office Anya parks her supermarket trolley beside a flight of stairs which she climbs, opens the front door setting off a loud buzzer that alerts Lucas Lavender and Josh Juniper who are in the kitchen eating breakfast.
Lucas wanders into the main office and asks, how can i help you today lady?.
Are you Lucas Lavender?, replies Anya.
Yes i am and you are?.
My name is Anya Angel, is your business partner Josh Juniper?.
Standing in the doorway is Josh who says, that would be me.
What's this all about lady?, asks Lucas.
I have proposition that will benefit all three of us.
We're listening.
I believe you two know the network of caves and tunnels in the Contention National Park Mountains like the back of your hands.

When we were little tackers we explored every inch of those caves and tunnels and know every cave and tunnel there is. 
I bet you don't know about the hidden cave at the end of the third tunnel on your left from the cave entrance.
That's always been a deadend.
What's hidden in the cave?, asks Josh.
There's a wall niche at the back of the cave that contains three pottery flagons which have their spouts sealed with wax. The one i'm interested in has the image of a red kangaroo, can you and Lucas liberate the kangaroo flagon for me, you'll be well compensated for your trouble.

The silence is deafening until Lucas asks, what's in it for us?
I'm offering to pay you and Josh $50.000 to liberate my kangaroo flagon, $25.000 now, $25.000 on delivery, do we have a deal?.
Show us the colour of your money.

Anya reaches inside her dirty white fur coat and pulls out a large brown envelope and says, this is the first payment of $25.000, she drops it on the wooden counter in front of Lucas, who scoops it up, thumbs through its contents as Josh walks up behind him and peers over his shoulder and says, lady you've got a deal.

Now we've gotta work out whether to dig or blast our way into the cave, says Lucas.
Neither of those options will be necassary, replies Anya, just be in the tunnel at the witching hour in two days time and you'll be able to smash your way through with a couple of club hammers, liberate my kangaroo flagon, deliver it to me on the old bridge spanning the Contention River where you'll receive your final payment of $25.000. Anya then walks out of the office, grabs her supermarket trolley and disappears into the hazy distance. To Be Continued..........

Join me next Saturday Afternoon for Pt 2 of Old Homeless Woman, until then keep smiling.
(c) 2012 Windsmoke.            

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have to wait.

Elephant's Child said...

I will certainly be here next week. You have me intrigued (which no doubt was your intention).

Magsx2 said...

Hi Windsmoke,
That isn't very fair, I was right into the story and you pulled the plug. (sigh)

I will definitely be waiting (not patiently) for the next chapter to this story. :)

Anonymous said...

OK I'm waiting ...

FruitCake said...

I can't say I wasn't warned. Your heading does say "Pt 1".
Hooked, and waiting. :)

Dave King said...

I will be there, all agog!

Windsmoke. said...

G' Day ANDREW: Yep! :-).

G' Day THE ELEPHANTS CHILD: That's good to know your intrigued :-).

G' Day MAGS: I reckon you'll understand why i pulled the plug in the end :-).

G' Day JANE: It'll be worth the wait i hope :-).

G' Day FRUIT CAKE: So i've got you on my hook, line and sinker ready to reel you in :-).

G' Day DAVE: That's good to know :-).

River said...

I'll be back next week too.
Years ago, when the factory was closing, in the last few days, one of the cheeky young boys asked me what I would do. I said I was going to realise my life-long dream of being a bag lady, with all my worldly goods in a supermarket trolley. Naturally I didn't do this, but Anya has reminded me of what I said that day.

Tempo said...

No fair.. I'm going to be very tired Saturday afternoon... Great story..so far.

Commander Zaius said...

Very interesting!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Waiting with bated breath Windsmoke!!

Ygraine said...

I am well and truly hooked - this is so intriguing.
Can hardly wait for the next instalment!

Friko said...

Yes, I am definitely coming back for the next instalment.

Windsmoke. said...

G' Day RIVER: I bet that shocked 'em :-).

G' Day TEMPO: There's always Sunday after you've recovered :-).

G' Day BEACH: It gets more interesting :-).

G' Day PERTH: It'll be worth the wait i hope :-).

G' Day YGRAINE & FRIKO: I reckon both of you will enjoy the next instalment :-).

LifeRamblings said...

i can't wait for the next instalment.

Windsmoke. said...

G' Day LIFE RAMBLINGS: Not long to wait now :-).