Saturday, March 31, 2012

Never To Grow Old.

Shadowy figures
rise up from the depths
one month at a time
they run riot
throughout the town.
Assail the pubs.
Guzzle the grog.
Wander the streets
like rabid dogs.

I was only a slip
of a teenage girl
when he dragged me
by the scruff
of the neck
through the scrub
onto the river bank
under the rivers bridge
where he did with me
what he pleased.

Nine months went by
i stood on the rivers edge
under the rivers bridge.
I brought forth my baby
into this wicked world.
My baby then slipped
into the rivers abysm
Never To Grow Old.

I stumble back home
mumbling to myself
along the way
what a demon i've become
i can't undo what i've done.
I return to the rivers edge
under the rivers bridge
where i stand alone
in my despair
i join my baby
in the rivers abysm
Never To Grow Old.

(c) 2012 Windsmoke.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work, but sad.

Magsx2 said...

Hi Windsmoke,
Wow, so very well written, a sad poem, but you have out done yourself with this one.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written here Windsmoke

River said...

Beautiful and very sad.

I see "anonymous" has found you.

FruitCake said...

Yes, you have outdone yourself this time!

Dave King said...

A new departure for you, I think. Maybe you should explore further, a cracking start!

LifeRamblings said...

sad but a very good piece of story.

Friko said...

don't see you as a poet of sad tales. A new departure which may lead to other well-written verses.

Unknown said...

Damn Windsmoke. That's going to haunt me all night.

Commander Zaius said...

Professional level writing!

Windsmoke. said...

G' Day ANDREW & MAGS: Certainly is sad but it does happen :-).

G' Day JANE & LIFE RAMBLINGS: Thanks for saying so its much appreciated :-).

G' Day RIVER: I don't mind comments from Anonymous Bloggers but that comment didn't make any sense at all so i've deleted it :-).

G' Day FRUIT: Hope i haven't outdone myself too much :-).

G' Day DAVE & FRIKO: I'm going to try and expand on this in the future hopefully with good results :-).

G' Day ICY: Happy haunted dreams :-).

G' Day BEACH: Thank you you're to kind :-).

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gosh well done Windsmoke, very poignant and sometimes unfortunately true words.

Red Nomad OZ said...

Very dark, very sad - but strangely appealing nontheless. Maybe because you've captured the despair that we all might feel in the same situation without any support.

Ygraine said...

So incredibly moving.
Brought more than a tear to my eye :(

Windsmoke. said...

G' Day PERTH: Situations like this are true and sad :-).

G' Day RED: It is very sad indeed to be in a situation like this one with no support at all :-).

G' Day YGRAINE: It really does tug at the heart strings :-).